At MTG Inspections Inc., our Mission is to provide a thorough and highly skilled home inspection report for a client that can be used as a tool for acquiring, selling, or upgrading a property, to make sure that the property is correctly insured and highlighting its current or potential energy efficiency.
- expand and diversify to meet the changing needs of the home inspection industry
- stay informed of new trends and technology that can affect the elements of home construction and the home inspection industry
- add certifications and memberships to enhance its qualifications in the market
- encourage clients to make positive choices for improving energy efficiency in their homes and supporting renewable energy ideas
- provide opportunities for teaching, training, and mentoring within the industry
- hire consultants and renewable energy experts
- network with other home inspectors and home inspection organizations
- network with home builders and organizations that build “green” to learn from their expertise
- support and encourage women either interested in or working in the field
About Theresa Gonzalez
MTG Inspections Inc. is owned and operated by Theresa Gonzalez who has extensive and varied experience within the construction and home renovation industries. Theresa started her career in construction as a SAIT graduate in 1989 (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) after receiving a diploma from the Architectural Technologies Program. She brings to MTG Inspections Inc. 34 years of related experience in the home inspection industry—8 years in administration and 26 years in the construction industry, including the last 15 years as co-owner of a home renovation company. Another four years of working at a non-profit organization have given Theresa additional skills that contribute to the quality and service provided by MTG.
Very few have the privilege of seeing a construction or home renovation project through from beginning to end. Theresa’s experience is valuable and wide-ranging: customer meetings and consultations, drafting and design, estimating, permits, demolition, construction (framing, electrical, mechanical), project management, scheduling, purchasing materials or supplies (order, delivery), progress reports, finishing work (drywall, painting, trim, tile/stone, fixtures), and the final walkthrough with a customer. Theresa’s understanding of home construction and its process greatly benefit MTG Inspections Inc. and its clients.